British classic loved by generations
Bagpuss first yawned and stretched his way onto our screens way back in 1974. Since then his gentle adventures with the other characters and Emily have been essential viewing for children of all ages for over quarter of a century.
Although only 13 episodes were made, the programme was so popular that the series was repeated endlessly to successive generations. The furry cat-puss has charmed his way into the hearts and minds of us all.
Bagpuss celebrates his 50th anniversary in 2024 and a range of commemorative products will be available throughout the year including:
– a brand-new collection of five 50p coins from The Westminster Collection
– a set of four commemorative stamps from the Guernsey Post
– a new range of Bagpuss plush toys from Rainbow Designs including a brightly coloured Yawning Soft Toy that lets out a big yawn when you squeeze his head
– Bagpuss – The 50th Anniversary Edition by Steiff (inventors of the teddy bear) – a special edition Bagpuss exclusive to Danbury Mint and available to pre-order now
– a Bagpuss collection featuring cutting dies, beautiful printed papers and toppers for card makers and crafters alike from Practical Publishing available at CraftStash
All episodes have been remastered in HD and have been released on DVD and Blu-ray by Fabulous Films and are available to stream on Britbox and ITVX, plus iTunes, Amazon and more.
Coolabi represents the licensing and distribution rights for Bagpuss on behalf of Smallfilms.